How to Describe Human Voice?Sep 4, 2013
There are many adjectives used to describe Human Voice. Here are many adjectives described in list. Voice types are so many in number and it is difficult to remember for us!
So, I thought to break it into pleasant and non-pleasant one! I have collected those voice types which are marked as pleasant and unpleasant ones and left the rest. More types can be read from the source. The list will add few useful words to your dictionary.
Pleasant Sounding Voices are:
- Fruity - a fruity voice or laugh is deep and strong in a pleasant way
- Modulated - a modulated voice is controlled and pleasant to listen to
- Silvery - a silvery voice or sound is clear, light, and pleasant
Unpleasant Sounding Voices are:
- Grating - grating voice, laugh, or sound is unpleasant and annoying
- Monotonous - a monotonous sound or voice is boring and unpleasant because it does not change in loudness or become higher or lower
- Rough - a rough voice is not soft and is unpleasant to listen to
- Shrill - a shrill noise or voice is very loud, high, and unpleasant
- Strident - a strident voice or sound is loud and unpleasant
- Thin - a thin voice or sound is high and unpleasant to listen to
|Human Voice System|
Img from: cnx.org