What prayer means?
- a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or another deity. "I'll say a prayer for him
- a religious service, especially a regular one, at which people gather in order to pray together. "500 people were detained as they attended Friday prayers
- an earnest hope or wish. "it is our prayer that the current progress on human rights will be sustained
Rather than begging or beseeching God, this method involves connecting with the spirit of God within and asserting positive beliefs about the desired outcome. Affirmative prayer is the same method of prayer Jesus taught when he said, “So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” (Mark 11:24).
If, for example, one were to pray traditionally, one might say: “Please God, help me find a job.” By contrast, an affirmative prayer might be: “I am now guided to my right and perfect employment.”
More Examples of affirmative prayers:
- I am safe and secure in the light of God.
- By the power of Christ in me, I am directed and protected.
- I am protected and assured of continual well-being.
- I am whole and healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
- I am open and receptive to the healing love of God within.